Quick Hits about Paw Thaw:
• Pet Friendly– Paw Thaw is a safer, biodegradable ice melter that will not harm your pet when used as directed. Does not change color of paws, and not harmful if ingested
• Fast Acting– Paw Thaw combines the most effective de-icing blend components available, creating the desired reaction to initiate de-icing meltdown. Paw Thaw breaks the bond between the ice and surface area.
• Environmentally Formulated– the non-hygroscopic formula is less harmful to grass, trees or other vegetation. Water soluble and odorless.
• Non Tracking– Will not harm carpets or floors and carpet and will not damage footwear. No slimy, sticky residue to clean up
• **Non corrosive– Will not harm carpets, floors, or pets
• Non slip– Special “Dolomite” formula provides added traction control.
CMA (Calcium Magnesium Acetate)
Anti-caking agent/ph adjuster
CMA (Calcium Magnesia Acetate): Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA) is a low-corrosion chemical alternative to road salt that also protects the environment. Years of research and field applications have proven CMA is no more corrosive than tap water and does not harm vegetation or receiving water.
Anti-corrosion spray: Is added to offset any harmful effects of the sodium chloride
Anti – caking agents: keeps the PH level down so that the product is not too acidic.
Sodium Chloride: Is added to break the bond between the surface area and the Ice.
Dye: Food grade blue dye
Calcium Magnesium Acetate, Anti-corrosion spray and Anti-caking agent/ph adjuster are added to neutralize the harmful effects of Sodium Chloride.
Pestell Paw Thaw Ice Melter 25LB Bag
Paw Thaw Ice Melter is designed to be less harmful to your pet’s paws than other commercial ice melters. Most ice melters are made from rock salt or calcium chloride. Rock Salt ice melters have a very high ph level and over a period of time will dry out your pet’s paws and cause them to crack. Calcium Chloride ice melters actually creates a great deal of heat and will cause considerable pain to your pet’s paws. Paw Thaw is made from a combination of fertilizer and non-corrosive products that will be less harmful to your pet. One of the ingredients is Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CMA) which is biodegradable in soil and has no adverse effect on vegetation. Other ingredients include ph stabilizers to control the ph level of the product, food grade marker for the colour, and a non-corrosive spray to make the product safer for your pet’s paws. All other ingredients are fertilizer based products that will melt ice at a variety of temperatures, while not being harmful to your pet. The key advantage of Paw Thaw is that while it is pet friendly, Paw Thaw is an effective ice melter. Paw Thaw breaks the bond between ice and the surface area. When Paw Thaw goes to work, it’s time-released formula stays on the surface area longer, helping to control the freeze-thaw cycle.